Friday, November 29, 2002

Here it is, the day after Thanksgiving, and here I am at Kathy's mom's house, listening to her brother Patrick cheering on the Nebraska Cornhuskers in the other room.

We got here in Blowing Rock Tuesday night, and Patrick and his brood arrived Wednesday. The dinner was good; I carved the turkey AND said the blessing over the dinner before we dug in. Of course I called my family in Georgia; they're all doing well. After dinner I had a nice long turkey nap and watched The Wizard of Oz later that evening.

Thankfully I didn't get up (or get awakened) for early bird shopping this morning; everybody basically sacked out. Kathy and I did end up going into Boone to look around a little this afternoon. We still have to buy presents for my brothers and Kath's stepmom, but we should have it all wrapped up by next weekend.

One somber note; as we were headed back from Boone, Kathy got a call from her mom. A friend and co-worker of Kathy from her old IR job in Boone passed away yesterday. She was only 41 and left behind a 10-year old son.

No comments: