Wednesday, November 20, 2002

And now, in the proud tradition of other bloggers who have gone before:


100 (or so) things about me (#91-101)

91) I am the eldest of 4 children. My mother had a stillbirth two years before I was born. My siblings range in age from 33 (almost 34) to 25.

92) My musical tastes range a good bit. I've always gravitated to rock, but I was perhaps the first kid in the mountains of NC to discover hip-hop. Many times when I hear a new artist with a new sound, I will assume they're British, regardless of where they actually come from. I don't know why.

93) I am a big fan of modern art. You can thank Dr. John Elliott, my Art History teacher at USCA for that.

94) I've never been fond of bullies, regardless of where they are. Maybe it's due to the fact that I was picked on a good bit when I was a kid.

95) When my family would travel between North Carolina and Georgia on trips back in the late 70s and early 80s, there was one point in the road where we would hear "Take the Long Way Home" by Supertramp on the radio. It was in the town of Clinton SC, where state highway 52 meets Interstate 26 West. Every time I reach that spot now, I think of that song.

96) It's hard to believe looking at me, but when I was a child, I was a very skinny kid. I didn't hit 150 until I graduated high school. How much do I weigh now? None of yer business, but I'm working on it!!!

97) In 1993, I had the idea of recording some of my poetry and giving tapes of it to my friends and family for Christmas. My friends John and Cliff helped me out, and we made a tape called "Tales Told by and Idiot". A couple of years later, we did these readings live a couple of times as an impromptu group called "Pentamination".

98) I can still remember my first nightmare. When I was about two I had a dream that a stuffed alligator that I had was eating me. I woke up screaming for my mama, naturally.

99) I have also had an out of body experience (OOBE). When I was a young child, I can remember suddenly waking up form my sleep to see that I was floating above myself. I remember my mother walking in and shaking me, and sudddenly going back into my own body. I was about 3 then.

100) When I was in the third grade, my classmates and I formed the world championship kickball team. We massacred any and all comers back in 1974, winning one game 114-7 (you could look it up).

No comments: