Friday, November 21, 2003
1. List five things you'd like to accomplish by the end of the year.
1) Get my photography business REALLY rolling.
2) Start painting the office/nursery.
3) Lose about 10 more pounds.
4) Get involved with a presidential campaign.
5) Get my office at work organized better.
2. List five people you've lost contact with that you'd like to hear from again.
1) Audrey Pickett
2) Lee McNeely
3) Tami Conner
4) Syd Padgett
5) Bill Storey
3. List five things you'd like to learn how to do.
1) Play guitar (and more than the halting chords I already know)
3) Do my own color film processing
4) Build furniture
5) Cast a patronis spell. :P
4. List five things you'd do if you won the lottery (no limit).
1) Go on vacation in Ireland
2) Buy a house
3) Give some money to my families (blood and in-laws)
4) Set up a scholarship for non-traditional theatre majors at USCA
5) Make sure my honey and baby never want for anything
5. List five things you do that help you relax.
1) Watch TV
2) Surf the 'Net
3) Go for a walk
4) Do photography
5) Take a hot bath
Wednesday, November 19, 2003
* I've been taking photos of quite a bit of stuff lately. Basically, if you see a dead animal in the News-Gazette, it's mine. Hunting season has begun, and so it seems every hunter with a n eight-point buck has come by here looking for a photo op. I've also taken some photos of big-ass fish. Yay.
* I've also seen an increase in the number of people requesting my photographic services. A couple of people have inquired on my availability for weddings, I've been asked to do someone's portrait, and someone else wants me to teach them phtographic techniques. Just today I had a law firm call me about taking photos for their web site. Cool, eh?
* I got an interesting letter in the mail yesterday. It was an invitation to join the AARP. Yes, THAT one! Wanna feel like you're about 15 years older than you really are? Wait for that first letter to come in the mail. Yikers!
So, how are y'all?
Thursday, November 13, 2003
Wednesday, November 12, 2003
Tuesday, November 11, 2003
My inner child is six years old!
Look what I can do! I can walk, I can run, I can
read! I like to do stuff, and there's a whole
big world out there to do it in. Just so long
as I can take my blankie and my Mommy and my
three best friends with me, of course.
How Old is Your Inner Child?
brought to you by Quizilla
Friday, November 7, 2003
I had my last shift at Ruby Tuesday last night. It wasn't bad, though it was a little slow. Still and all, I made a little bit of cash. Plus, I made a contact with someone who's interested in me as a wedding photog. :)
It looks like I got out of there just in time, too. RT is introducing a new menu next week that will tie into the Atkins diet (y'know, high fat, low carbs). As a result of the changes, there will be new side item choices added to the menu including creamed spinach and cauliflower, and (my "personal favorite") PORK RINDS!!! Yikers! I can't imagine walking into a restaurant and ordering a steak with a side order of pork rinds. What the HELL are they thinking??!?
Anyway, y'all have a good weekend!
Thursday, November 6, 2003
Go check it out and tell your friends!!!
1) What is your snack food of choice?
It varies, but I gotta go with Lance Stormy Salt & Vinegar chips.
2) Describe your daily routine, in ten words or less.
Awake, eat, drive, work, eat, work, drive, eat, chill, sleep.
3) If you could be a character in any television show or movie, which one would it be?
I'd probably be Batman (the Adam West version). :)
4) When someone you know is feeling bad, what's your favorite way to cheer them up?
I try to make them laugh any way I know how. Bad jokes, puns, tickling...
5) Fill in the blank: Dudley _________.
6) Is there anyone in the world you would die for? If so, who?
I would die for my wife. Or any member of my family, to be honest.
7) What's your musical "guilty pleasure"?
:whispering: I really liked "I Want it That Way" by the Backstreet Boys. Shh!
8) Boxers, briefs, thong, or "commando"?
I'm a boxer man. :)
9) Which is cuter: Hello Kitty or Raggedy Ann?
Although I know my Kathy is a HK fan, I gotta give props to Raggedy Ann.
10)What's your favorite color?
Wednesday, November 5, 2003
The BIG Ten is coming!
Tuesday, November 4, 2003
So, what's been going on in my world the past few days? Glad you asked!
I took about 850 photos of kids dressed in Halloween costumes last week. Trick or Treating downtown. Trick or Treating at their schools. Trick or Treating down by the Retired Sadistic Clown Home and Rusty Razor Blade factory. You get the picture.
Although I saw some clever costumes out there, I did notice a lot of kids wearing "scream" masks. Big deal, you might say. So did I, until I saw one that had blood dripping down the front. A kid holds a plastic bladder full of stage blood in his hand and pumps it to create the effect. It was cool the first couple of times I saw it, but as I kept seeing it over and over again, I just kinda lost interest.
Kathy is holding her own as the baby continues to grow. She got a couple of pregnancy workout videos by UPS yesterday, and she and I spent about 20 minutes doing yoga to one of them. The instructor was a bit chatty; not the sort of thing you want when you're in the middle of a deep squat and Kegeling. 'Course, I didn't have to Kegel.
Quick film reviews:
Raiders of the Lost Ark: Sure, you've seen it before, but not on DVD. The sound and the picture are first-rate, although I was disappointed there was no director's (or cast) commentary.
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves: Another brought to DVD re-release. This is the "director's cut", which reveals (spoiler ahead) the witch is the Sheriff of Nottingham's mother. Haven't listened to Costner's commentary yet. I'm almost afraid to, truth be told.
Old School: Unrated Version: I kinda wanted to see this in the theatre, but Kathy talked me out of it. I'm kinda glad she did. A few funny moments, but Animal House it ain't.
Whale Rider: A summer sleeper. Not the kid's film you might think, seeing as there's a 13-year old girl in the lead. Makes me want to go to New Zealand more than ever! A very Eno-esque soundtrack. PICK OF THE LITTER!
Now, get back to work.
Coming soon: THE BIG TEN!