Wednesday, November 27, 2002

100 (or so) things about me (#11-20)

11) My first car was a 1976 Chevrolet Chevette. It was red with wood paneling, and it was probably the dorkiest vehicle I've ever driven.

12) This may be shocking to some people here, but I have a genius-level IQ. I was tested when I was 12, and I even had an opportunity to go to the University of North Carolina at that age, but I decided I wanted to be "normal".

13) Of all the pets I've ever had, I was most attached to my first cat, Kitty. She was a mostly black calico my sister found when we lived in Tazewell, VA in 1982. After Tonya went off and got married, Kitty became my cat, and she lived with me when I got the garage apartment in Aiken. Unfortunately she died in the fire that consumed that apartment in 1990. I still miss her.

14) I was a virgin until I was 32 years old. That's all I got to say about that.

15) The first open-mouth kiss I ever gave was in 1990, for a grade. I was rehearsing a scene for acting class with a girl named Tami Conner, and the scene called for the two characters to kiss. Before I go any further, let me say that SHE picked out the scene. Anyway, we decided to practice the kiss. I remember her having to scold me for laughing every time we started to kiss, but I couldn't help it; my lips were ticklish. Anyway, I think we ended up with a B for the scene.

16) The first Broadway-quality musical I ever saw was Les Miserables, in Atlanta in 1990. The first actual Broadway show I saw was the revival of Jesus Christ Superstar in 2000. Les Miz remains one of my favorite musicals ever.

17) My all-time favorite band ever is Pearl Jam. I've seen them in concert 3 times, and I plan on getting a fourth or fifth viewing in before it's all over with.

18) My favorite pets ever, aside from the aforementioned Kitty, are Brutus (half-Collie, half-German Shepherd), K.C. (a cocker spaniel), and my fearsome foursome Kathy and I have now (Heather the Westie; Katie, Possum and Lovecat the cats)

19) My favorite movies vary depending on my mood, but I have to say that The Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring is one of my favorites ever.

20) I actually worked as an extra on the movies Wild Hearts Can't be Broken and the remake of That Darn Cat. You can see me in the latter, if you know where to look.

No comments: