Tuesday, November 26, 2002

100 (or so) things about me (#21-30)

21) My first job was working at a Burger King in Daytona Beach, about a block from the beach itself. You know how hard it was to sling Whoppers while looking at girl after girl walking in wearing little more than a bikini and a smile, day in and day out? The things I do for you people!

22) To me the eyes are the window to the soul, and are usually the first thing I notice about someone.

23) I was once a caller on Larry King's radio show, when he had one. I got on and babbled something about my addiction to chocolate milk. Hey, it was 2am, and I was delirious, okay?

24) I used to be an avid poet, although I haven't written anything substantial in a couple of years.

25) When I was 18, I almost joined the Army, for nothing more than sheer boredom. Luckily, my dad talked me out of it.

26) I've been a wrestling fan since I was a kid. My first memory was seeing a guy named The Mighty Igor have a cinder block broken on his head with a sledgehammer and get up smiling.

27) I was once convinced by a friend of mine to dress as a Klingon for the premiere of Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. I have no pictures of this, so don't ask!

28) One of my cyber-nicknames, Aeolian, comes indirectly from the Greek god of the winds. Directly, it comes from an event called Aeolian Visitations, a poetryslam/performance showcase that used to be held at a bar called Newberry's. Newberry's is now a bicycle shop.

29) In junior and senior high school, I had a couple of other nicknames. One guy used to call me "Buzzard" (probably for my prominent nose), and in another place I got the nickname "Gomer" (why, I don't know). Both names did wonders for my self-esteem *rolls eyes*

30) I was raised as a Southern Baptist, and baptized when I was 10 years old. Currently, however, I am attending and singing in a Presbyterian church with my Unitarian girlfriend. Go figure.

No comments: