Tuesday, November 26, 2002

100 (or so) things about me (#31-40)

31) One of my favorite jobs ever was working as an assistant manager at Chris' Camera Center South in Aiken SC.

32) My least favorite job was being a telemarketer in Augusta GA back in 1986. I went a whole half-hour before I decided that it just wasn't for me.

33) I really like going to the beach, but I have a problem with sunburning when I go. As I heard one comedian put it "it's like putting tinfoil in a microwave".

34) Surprise, surprise, when I was younger, I liked to read comic books. I was particularly taken with Green Lantern. That is one conic book character I would like to see turned into a movie.

35) I once had an unsavory fascination with Catherine Bach. It was her legs; they haunted me! (insert spooky music here)

36) I am a creature of bad habits, as Kathy can attest. I bite my fingernails, and burp, scratch and fart almost at will. However, I have almost got the "leaving the seat down" habit licked. *crosses fingers*

37) I think I have a healthy blend of optimism and pessimism in my life. As someone once said "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst".

38) The one foreign country I would like to go to more than any other is Ireland. I feel drawn to it, and I want to go there and research my family's ancestry.

39) Autumn is my favorite season of the year. The colors of the leaves, the nip in the air, football, Halloween, Thanksgiving; autumn is just the greatest, IMHO.

40) When I was a kid I wanted to be an astronaut so badly I could taste it. Of course, my parents told me in order to be one I'd have to fly, and my enthusiasm waned.

No comments: