Sunday, November 24, 2002

100 (or so) things about me (#61-70)

61) I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but these days I got my news more from The Daily Show than from the networks, CNN, Fox News or any of the other cable news outlets.

62) I was sitting with my grandmother at her home in NC the night John Lennon was assassinated. When the Challenger exploded, I was home, in North Augusta, SC, recovering from being fired from a 12-hour a day job. I was getting Crink some lunch in Aiken, SC when I heard about Kurt Cobain killing himself, and I was just waking up at my residence in the mountains of NC on 9/11/01.

63) My dad had polio when he was 9 years old, and it crippled his left arm, but I never considered him to be handicapped. He could do more things with one good arm than many people could do with two.

64) I am the great-great-great-great-great great grandnephew of Daniel Boone. I could go into the lineage, but I'd have to sit and think about it, and I'm not in the mood to do that right now. Ask me about it when you see me sometime. :)

65) My parents' house in Georgia was used as a temporary quarters by Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman during his March to the Sea in 1864.

66) Among my parents' effects is a letter they found during the renovation of the above mentioned house. It's a letter to then Senator Alexander Stephens urging Georgia not to secede from the Union. The letter is signed by Abraham Lincoln.

67) Most people that know me know that I am a huge wrestling fan. And I have to say that the man who is probably my all-time favorite wrestler is Mick Foley, aka Cactus Jack, aka Mankind, aka Dude Love.

68) I am a serious amateur/budding professional photographer. I've always enjoyed being behind the camera, but never truly got into it until I took a course on photography in college. Since then I have amassed several cameras (both for show and for use), and I have a darkroom set up in our home.

69) I am a master of trivia. Back in college, I and severeal of my friends would go out every week to play trivia at local restaurants and bars. I have to say that thanks to winning several of those contests, I was able to keep myself well fed through the last two years of my collegiate career.

70) One of my favorite foods in the world is pizza, but I didn't eat that much of it until I was 16. I think it had a little to do with the fact that until that time, I was living in a hollow in the mountains of North Carolina, not exactly the easiest place in the world to deliver a pizza.

No comments: