Friday, November 22, 2002

100 (or so) things about me (#71-80)

71) Before I moved in with Kathy, I had somewhere in the vicinity of 300 CDs in my collection. Now, the two of us have somewhere in the vicinity of 650 CDs.

72) I'm not especially proud to admit this, but I went to a Motley Crue concert back in 1990. A friend gave me a spare ticket to see it. The only "good" thing about it was finding out afterwards that Tommy Lee was arrested for mooning the audience.

73) It's been 8 years since I weighed under 200 lbs. As I write this, I am at 230, the most I've ever weighed. However, Kathy and I are exercising to take some of that tonnage off.

74) I am a sucker for radio dramas.

75) My fiancee Kathy is the first actual bonafide girlfriend I have ever had. Granted, I have loved several women before, but only in an unrequited sense.

76) I cannot stand touching wet wood. Don't ask me why, it just weirds me out.

77) I have never seen a worse movie than Battlefield Earth. The sad part about this is that I went and saw this piece of trip on opening weekend. In the evening. Paid full price. Sat through ALL of it! And, yes, I knew EXACTLY what I was doing!

78) My friend Crystal and I have a game we play where we tell one another that the other was great in a really bad movie. e.g. "You were awesome in Xanadu!" "Yeah? Well, you totally ROCKED in Freddy Got Fingered!" And on it goes.

79) When I lived in Aiken, one of my favorite hangouts was Waffle House at 2 in the morning. I've had some pretty interesting conversations (and some pretty lousy coffee) at WH that time of the night.

80) One of the molding influences on my sense of humor was Creem magazine. It was a rock magazine that would print snarky captions under pics of different bands. Most of the time I would buy the magazine just for the captions, but I also learned a great deal about alternative rock in the '80s by reading Creem.

No comments: