Sunday, February 16, 2003

Snow here. Nothing but snow, snow, snow... wait, scratch that. Add in about two generous helpings of sleet, and you have the weather here. They had been calling for 9-12 inches by today, but with the sleet and all, it's actually about 4-6 here. Still, it's no fun driving on it. Not at all!

Kathy got herself a new car yesterday. It's a 2002 Toyota Prius; you know, one of those electric/gas hybrids. Nice car, but she haggled like a madwoman to get the financing to a suitable rate. Seems she was about 10 points shy of having the rating for a prime rate. In any case, you can read all about it on her blog *points helpfully to my daily reads bar on the right*===>

I guess I should mention that I also got a "new" car out of the deal. We traded in my Chevy POS for the Prius, and Kathy has given me her 1992 Toyota Corrola. I just about cried when we left the dealership yesterday, yet I'm pretty stoked that I have a good little car now. There's a little bit of rust around the rear right wheel well, but otherwise it's bodily sound, and it's got a moon roof. :) Need I mention that the gas mileage is better than the Impaler? All in all, it was a pretty good day, if you leave out the violent arguement with the finance officer and the icily craptastic drive home.

No comments: