Friday, November 24, 2006

When Black Friday Comes...

I just woke up from a nap, thanks to the first Black Friday I've ever gone through. My mother-in-law and brother-in-law decided to go to Walmart to try and get a 52" projection TV for $500. Kathy saw this ad, and thought it might be nice if I could secure us one of these TVs for that price, seeing as how they had HDTV built in.

I woke up at 3:30 this morning, and went out with the in laws to Walmart. We waited for about an hour outside the store, drinking coffee and fantasizing about a killer Super Bowl party. When the appointed hour came, we rushed into the store, and made our way to the electronics department, just in time to find out that all the TVs had been sold out.

My mother-in-law ended up buying two smaller HDTVs, and a portable DVD player. I ended up getting nothing but an exhausted feeling, and a steak biscuit combo at Hardee's. Meh; maybe I'll do it again next year, but I'll be sure to go to bed much earlier (and with earplugs) if I do.

No comments: