Wednesday, April 16, 2003

The past couple of days have been Hell for me, and for a couple of other people I care about, too. I won't go into details here, but suffice it to say I wish tings could be different.

God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference


I learned that prayer 30 years ago, when my dad joined AA. That prayer saved his life. Until this morning I never truly understood the depth of it, though. I've always wanted to be the person who brought people together, the "glue of humanity". If that sounds haughty of my, I apologize.

I finally figured out last night that there are some situations that I can do absolutely nothing about, that there are some relationships over which I am powerless. I am coming to terms with that now. I may not like it, but if I cannot bring two people together who cannot stand one another, it is not a blight upon my character. I still wish they both could come to an understanding and a reconciliation, but it is beyond my help. I can only hope that the both of them can realize the bond that exists between myself and the other person and accept it as being there. My true love for the one, and my deep and abiding friendship for the other.

Peace to all.

No comments: