Monday, March 17, 2003

We've had a productive weekend as far as planning the wedding goes. Kathy and I went to Boone Friday and spent Saturday arranging a room for our wedding night, looking at tuxes, making appointments for rehearsal dinner, meeting with our officiant to discuss the ceremony, and ordering the cake. At one point, we looked at one another and said "This wedding is gonna kick ass!" And at the risk of sounding conceited, I think it will. :)

We also lined up nearly all of the readers for the ceremony. Kathy's sister-in-law backed out, saying that she'd be too nervous. That's understandable, but it would've been nice to have her read. We have a band that we're thinking of hiring, but we're gonna listen to them first. They have a webcast they're gonna do Friday night. If you'd like to listen to them, also, and give your esteemed opinion, I'll have the URL here tonight or tomorrow.

One thing I'm worried about is potential conflicts. I've already decided not to invite an aunt because of potential conflict between her and one of my brothers. I'm also worried about a couple of my friends, who dated one another once, potentially making a scene. I'm trying to contact at least one of the parties to discuss it, but so far, no dice.

More later.

No comments: