Tuesday, March 25, 2003

This Tuesday, with some That mixed in...

1. Poetry or prose?
Poetry. Not that I don't like prose, but a well tuned verse goes straight to the heart.

2. Funky modern art or the older, "classic" variety?
It's all good, but I find myself drawn to modern a bit more. BTW, did you know that Cubism is almost a hundred years old? It's interesting to think that the art style that most people associate with "modern art" has been around for almost a century.

3. Sculptures or paintings?
Paintings

4. Theatre: exuberant musical or serious drama?
Depends on my mood. As an actor, though, I prefer to act in comedies.

5. Ballet or modern dance?
Gimme modern. Lots and lots of modern. It's easier to perform, too.

6. Movies: major studio or indie?
Again, it depends on mood. But I do tend to gravitate towards the "little guy" spirit of the indie. :)

7. Authors: Shakespeare or Dr. Seuss?
Is there a way we could combine the two?

8. TV: PBS or A&E?
PBS, although I do like me some "Biography".

9. Music: Beethoven or Beatles?
Arrrrgh! Don't make me choose. WAIT! I choose "Because" by the Beatles, which is actually Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" played backwards! HA!!!

10. Thought-provoking question of the week: You are a contributing member of your favorite art museum, and visit on a regular basis. They announce a new, temporary special exhibit by an artist surrounded by controversy...this person's work and/or political views offend you. Do you stop supporting the museum, or just stay away during the time the exhibit is there?
Actually, I'd go out of curiosity. I tend to take in other people's opinions, even if they don't jibe with mine. Who knows, I might even grow to like this artist.

No comments: