Thursday, October 4, 2001

Spent the night at Kathy's last night. She made me steak and potatoes when I got there from work, and believe me, it was a welcome dinner. After a late morning, I made my way to Lenoir to get my speeding ticket taken care of.

I got the ticket Labor Day weekend when I was driving Kathy's mom's truck into Lenoir. I was talking to Kathy, and we were going down a steep hill. I lost track of my speed, and got pulled over. I got a $115 ticket.

Well, I went to the Caldwell County courthouse today to see if I could get it reduced. I ended up paying $100 and being charged with a 64 in a 55 mph zone, instead of the 70/55 originally on the ticket. A little more than I thought it would be reduced to, but I'll take it instead of the $115.

I finally heard from Steve Palmer the other day. He called me at 2am (!), and we talked for about an hour, catching up and talking about life matters. I'm hoping I can go see him sometime soon.

My parents are coming up here tomorrow. I don't know how long they're staying, but Kathy's mom has invited us all to have lunch at her house Saturday night. We'll see if my parents are up to the challenge. lol

No comments: