Monday, October 22, 2001

Kathy and I went to Knoxville this past weekend to visit her brother and family. Patrick seems cool, if a bit preppy. His son Ben is 18 mos. old, and cute as a button! :) We all (Kathy's mom and stepdad included) went to a hayride in the middle of nowhere Saturday, while we young couples (me and Kathy, Pat and Julie) had dinner at the Macaroni Grill Friday night.

And then there was Kahy's Ahab-like quest for the Moby Dick of dress shoes. lol I swear she tried on or looked at every pair of silver dress shoes to be found in the Southeast, before she decided on a pair she found in a JC Penny in Johnson City. To celebrate, we went to a restaurant called the Crazy Tomato, and split a couple of calzones.

My parents went back down to Georgia yesterday, so I didn't get to spend much time with them. However, I shold be seeing them in a few weeks for Thanksgiving. I'm trying to convince them to come up here, as well as the rest of the family. Maybe we can all have one big celebration here at the homestead.

No comments: