Tuesday, October 30, 2001

Got Possum back from the vet late yesterday; surprisingly, she had already awoken from the anesthesia, and HATING her pet carrier. I picked up some moist cat food to treat her (I normally feed her Meow Mix), and put her in the guest room to give her some peace and quiet.

She seems much happier this morning. Possum's even playing at my feet as I'm writing this. I wish I had some cat toys for her to play with; maybe I'll break down and buy some soon. In the meantime, Bailey doesn't seem to notice.

My Shakespeare calendar quote of the day:

Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this sun of York;
And all the clouds that low'r'd upon our house
In the deep bosom of the ocean buried.


King Richard III, Act I, sc. 1

Hopefully, when I get home from work tonight, Uncle Wendell will have brought home some stovepipe for the wood-burner. I'm hoping that we can get some wood together for the winter, also. God, I LOVE being a mountain man! lol

No comments: