Tuesday, May 6, 2003

Live, from Lexington, it's This-or-That Tuesday!!!

1. TV or radio?
TV; radio (especially here) is just so stagnant. Exception: Saturdays on NPR.

2. On the radio: talk or music station?
Talk. Even then, I usually turn it off after 10 minutes, 'cause I get so disgusted.

3. Actual books or books-on-tape (or e-books)?
Actual books. B-O-Ts make me feel like I'm locked into the pattern of the reader.

4. Actual newspaper, or web version?
Actual newspaper. Hey, I work for one, whaddaya gonna do?

5. Wall Street Journal or National Enquirer?
The Enquirer. At least I know up front the news stories are bogus.

6. TV news...news channel such as CNN, or your local broadcast news?
Local news. Although it's not really local here; the closest TV station is 45 miles away. :P

7. A movie you've been looking forward to seeing gets bad reviews all around. See it anyway, or pass?
I'd see it anyway, although I'd do so with more than a bit of trepidation.

8. See movies when they first come out, or wait a few weeks for the lines at the theater to get shorter?
Depends on the movie. As I get older, I find myself more content to wait a while.

9. TV: cable, satellite dish, or just plain old antenna?
Hmmm, toughie. I guess I'd go with cable, if for no other reason than the cable internet hookup I get with mine.

10. Thought-provoking question of the week: If you had to choose only one form of media to come into your home, which would you choose...print (newspapers, magazines) or electronic (TV, internet)? Why?
If forced to, I'd probably choose electronic media. I could always print out hard copies (that Kathy would have me throw away immediately afterwards), and with Internet, I'd be able to communicate with other people. I'm just sayin'.

No comments: