Thursday, May 22, 2003

Nine Levels Of Meme

All in all it's just another meme to do...

The way this one is structured reminds me of the line in Shrek about ogres having layers. Do they? Let's find out!

LAYER ONE
-- Name: Clint
-- Birth date: 08-07-66
-- Birthplace: Louisville (pronounced lew-is-vil), GA
-- Current Location: Virginia
-- Eye Color: blue
-- Hair Color: brunette with some gray streaking through to say "howdy!"
-- Height: 6'1"
-- Righty or Lefty: Righty, handily. Lefty, politically.
-- Zodiac Sign: Leo

LAYER TWO:
-- Your heritage: Lots of Irish, some English and French, a dash of German. Your standard Euromutt.
-- The shoes you wore today: Sandals
-- Your weakness: chocolate
-- Your fears: Death.
-- Your perfect pizza: Mmmm... pesto sauce, grilled chicken, artichoke hearts, and lots of mozz, feta and asiago cheese.
-- Goal you'd like to achieve: Learning to play a musical instrument.

LAYER THREE:
-- Your most overused phrase on AIM: I don't use AIM as often as I used to, but when I IM, I sometimes use LOL a bit more often than I should.
-- Your thoughts first waking up: Usually, it's "Hit the snooze button, Kathy!"
-- Your best physical feature: Well, I'd say it's my eyes. My fiancee has a different opinion.
-- Your most missed memory: Wait, does that mean one I've forgotten, or one that happened in the past and which I wish I could relive. I'll go with the latter and say it's memories of grade school. I could do with more coloring time. :)

LAYER FOUR:
-- Pepsi or Coke: Coke
-- McDonald's or Burger King: BK. My first job, and I LOVE their chicken sandwich.
-- Single or group dates: Single date.
-- Adidas or Nike: Converse. Chuck Taylors, baybee!
-- Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Lipton. You gotta brew that stuff, bee-yotch!
-- Chocolate or vanilla: Chocolate!
-- Cappuccino or coffee: Actualy, I'm more of a Mochaccino kinda guy, thanks.

LAYER FIVE:
-- Smoke: Once, once in a while. Now, no.
-- Cuss: Not too often, but still more than I like.
-- Sing: Sundays, Thursdays, and when I'm in the car.
-- Take a shower everyday: Try to. More often than not, I'm in the bath, though.
-- Do you think you've been in love: I am right now! (cribbed from Ombra)
-- Want to go to college: Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
-- Like(d) high school: Wasn't a fan, really. (4 schools in 4 years'll do that to you)
--Want to get married: Boy, do I! Fortunately, I found someone else who wants to, too. To ME! :D
--Believe in yourself: I try to. It's difficult, sometimes.
-- Get motion sickness: When I was a kid, yes.
-- Think you're attractive: Pleh!
-- Think you're a health freak: Nope. I just keep from dying.
-- Get along with your parent(s): Definitely!
-- Like thunderstorms: I like 'em except when I'm outside and the lightning is closing in.
-- Play an instrument: guitar (barely)

LAYER SIX:
In the past month...
--Drank alcohol: One beer last night.
-- Smoked: Noper.
-- Done a drug: Just Aleve and Sudafed.
--Made Out: Yeah, baby! Yeah!
-- Gone on a date: Yeah, kinda.
-- Gone to the mall?: Once, in Roanoke.
-- Eaten an entire box of Oreos?: Sadly, no.
-- Eaten sushi: Nuh-uh!
-- Been on stage: Lest you count the church choir, no.
-- Been dumped: No, thank God(dess).
--Gone skating: No, but that's a good idea. Thanks, Meme!
-- Made homemade cookies: No. *pout*
-- Gone skinny dipping: No! Dammit, Meme, stop putting these ideers in my head!
-- Dyed your hair: No.
-- Stolen anything: On advice of counsel, I invoke my Fiftn Amendment rights. Hey, it worked for Ollie North!
-- You sound boring: :pesci mode: Boring? How about I bore a drill right through the middle of your freakin' skull? Does that sound "boring" to you?:/pesci mode:

LAYER SEVEN
Ever...
-- Played a game that required removal of clothing: I practically made a career out of it!
-- If so, was it mixed company: Yepper!
-- Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: About a dozen times too often.
-- Been caught "doing something": :raises eyebrow: Define "doing something", please.
-- Been called a tease: Never.
-- Gotten beaten up: A couple of times, when I was a kid.
-- Shoplifted: When I was really, really young.
-- Changed who you were to fit in: unfortunately, yes.

LAYER EIGHT:
-- Age you hope to be married: 36 years, 11 months, 12 days, and about 14 hours.
-- Numbers and Names of Children: I'd like to have two, maybe. Names? Dunno.
-- Describe your Dream Wedding: Planning it right now. There's no better dream than marrying someone who truly loves me.
-- How do you want to die: surrounded by family and friends.
-- Where you want to go to college: Finished, at least for now.
-- What do you want to be when you grow up: Slightly older.
-- What country would you most like to visit: Ireland

LAYER TEN:
-- Number of drugs taken illegally: 1 (maybe with another unknowingly mixed in)
-- Number of people I could trust with my life: At least 6
-- Number of CDs that I own: When I moved in with my fiancee, I had over 300.
-- Number of piercings: 0
-- Number of tattoos: 1
-- Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper?: Before I got my present job, about 2 dozen times. Now, it's every week!
-- Number of scars on my body: 5 or 6
-- Number of things in my past that I regret: Several, but I don't want to get into that.

BTW, I know there's no ninth layer. I'd take it as a tribute to Dante, frankly.

No comments: