Sunday, January 5, 2003

Snow in Lexington today. It started this morning, and the way it was falling, Kathy and I (mostly Kath) wondered if we'd be able to make it to church. Luckily, the Toyota made it, and it was a good thing, too.

Lexington Presbyterian reopened its sanctuary today, two-and-a-half years after the original building burned almost to the ground in a fire. It was really something to walk into the new sanctuary and seeing it in all its restored glory. The snow falling added just a beautiful touch to the proceedings. They had all the congregation meet in the fellowship hall (as they've done since the fire) and then walk around the block to the sanctuary to open it. Everybody except the choir. Kathy and I were singing in the choir, so we were spared the march through the snow, but from a "romantic" standpoint, I wouldn't have minded. :)

Well, 99% of my computer is back to normal. The only thing I am really disappointed about is that I am unable to reinstall Word 97 on my hard drive. I may have to seek alternate sources for my word processing needs.

No comments: