Tuesday, July 1, 2003

Not feelin' too good myself

Ugh.

I called my parents to find out if any of our non-responding relatives were coming to the shindig on the 19th. As I was talking to him, Dad asked if I had heard from Stacie, my sister-in-law. I hadn't talked to her in a couple of months, so I said "no".

Dad then proceeded to tell me that she should have called me because my brother Steve had been denied permission by his employer to come to my wedding. Apparently he had asked for the time off, and the foreman or whoever told him that "we hired you to work this shift, and you're gonna work it no matter what." Steve was seriously thinking of quitting this job, which he's had all of 6 months, but Dad talked him out of it. If it comes down to feeding his kids or attending my wedding, I'd rather Steve missed it. Doesn't mean I won't miss him, though. :(

As a side note (and a VERY significant one at that), Stacie told my folks that she wouldn't feel comfortable going to the wedding without my brother, and it looks like she (and the kids) won't be coming to the wedding either. It's all the more important because Stacie was supposed to sing at the wedding. Now we have to figure out what to do about that. Crap.

No comments: