Monday, November 5, 2001

Sorry I haven't updated in the past few days, but I've been preoccupied.

Crink, e-mail me and lemme know what's going on.

Eva, hope things are going well; hurry back.

Anyway, neither Kathy nor I placed in the Twig's costume contest. The winner turned out to be a giant blue bong. Yep. I would've taken pics of my mad scientist and Kathy's flamenco costume, but again, I was, ummmm, "preoccupied".

I went to church with Kathy yesterday, and the guest speaker was Rev. Jimmy Creech, the Methodist minister who was disbarred from the church for performing same-sex marriages. It was a very good sermon(?) on the power of love to change the world. We went to lunch afterwards, and Kathy and I ended up talking to a couple from the church about grad schools. A few good ideas came to mind.

Mike's continues to grate on my nerves, but what else is new? I waited tables each night this weekend. Tips were good Friday and Satueday nights, but last night was awful! I had one table that got $40 worth of food, and they were very nice, and conversational. Yet, when they left and I went to get the tipo off the table, I found out they left me a dollar. A DOLLAR!!! I'd almost prefer that people not leave anything, if they're gonna be that (pardon my French) SHITTY about it. ANyway, I made less than $30 for the night.

On the other hand, I can't seem to keep excess change from coming into my hands. A few days ago, I filled up on gas (which is $1.15 here) and got $12 worth. When I went to pay, I gave the cashier a $20, and he gave me back $12. I corrected him, of course, and got the right change back. Then this morning, I went to pay my phone bill, and was given an extra quarter back for my troubles. It wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't for the fact that I gave the cashier CORRECT CHANGE. Again, I pointed out the error, and it was rectified. Now, if only I could pay for something and get $1000 in erroneous change. LOL

No comments: