Monday, February 26, 2007

Clintster -- Now 87.5% Pain Free

Recovery continues apace. Mom went home today, so much of my day was spent puttering around the house, watching MST3K ("Tormented"), and harvesting marigold seeds from the dead plants in our garden. Hopefully we shall be planting those seeds in the next few weeks.

I'm not sure what to say about the Oscars, except that I won the family betting pool and found myself one Cadbury bar richer for it. Yeees, we McGuires know how to live la vida loca. I was quite glad to see Jennifer Hudson, Martin Scorsese and Forrest Whittaker win Oscars, and seeing the very short clip of West Bank Story made me want to see it. Unfortunately, we just don't have that kind of cinema here in The Lex.

I've always thought that it would be a great idea if the Academy got the nominated short films (features, animated, docs) and put them all into a compendium for sale to the general public. I'd definitely shell out $20 American for a DVD of this year's nominees. Does anyone know where I could get something like that, or at least see the short film nominees online? Lemme know.

1 comment:

John said...

West Bank Story and some of the other short subject nominees are available on the iTunes store for $1.99, Clint.

Sounds like your recovery is continuing apace. Take care of yourself!