Sunday, February 25, 2007

Gettin' Better All The Time

Sorry I haven't been posting updates the past couple of days, but... well, it's been a rough couple of days.

Things were going well when I posted Thursday morning, and then PPHHHHBBBBTTT!!!

WARNING! The following couple of paragraphs should not be read if you have a weak constitution. If you think it's gonna bug you, skip ahead to the next red text you see. Just sayin'.

That afternoon, I began feeling very headache-y and nauseous. I had dinner and then promptly brought it back up. I thought it was the antibiotic I was taking, but oh how wrong I was!

That night I was vomiting about every two hours. I also noticed that it seemed to happen not long after I gave my nose a saline bath. Kathy called my ENT and he suggested laying off the saline and codeine for a couple of days, which I did. Thursday night, I was in AGONY! I couldn't sleep, I was drinking a bottle of water an hour to keep hydrated and promptly chucking it every two hours. Also, my nostrils had become completely blocked up and I couldn't breathe through my nose at all. Not a good night

The next day, my mom took me to the ENT and he checked me over. I told him what was going on, and he advised me to spend the weekend at home, resting comfortably. The doc determined that it was the bits of blood and tissue coming out of my sinus cavity that was making me so ill. He also evacuated my nostrils (most expensive nose pickin' EVER), and sent me home with his cell number in case I had any more trouble. On the way home, I threw up in my mom's car. I've only done that one other time in my life (sorry, Brian).

Friday was a great big restless sleep cycle for me. I caught naps when I could, drank plenty of water, and watched "Star Trek" in between. I still had a few vomitous episodes that night, but nothing like Thursday.

Here endeth the grossness

Saturday was a bit better. Although my head was constantly aching, my stomach was less upset. I finally managed to hold down a meal for the first time since Wednesday, and last night I got a relatively restful night's sleep. We'll see how today goes; although I feel better than I did, I'm still not 100%.


ombra said...

yeah, that's pretty gross, but that's ok. the "most expensive nose pickin'" line more than made up for it! it sounds like you are over the worst of it!!!

John said...

Hmmmm…blood, sinus tissue, vomit, boogers: the sixth-grader in me loved this post!

However, the adult in me is sorry you had such a wreck of a time and is very glad you're feeling better.

Also, thanks so much for the encouraging comments on my blog, Clint. I really appreciate them.