Friday, December 27, 2002

Kathy, Mom, Dad and I went to Augusta yesterday to find a new washer and dryer for Mom, and some Christmas bargains for Kathy. We were successful on one account, but on the latter point, nada.


We did, however, find a few neat things while we were there. Monsoon Wedding, which is an AWESOME movie. A couple of books, a new cutting board, a Hello Kitty travel toothbrush and cup (for Kathy, not me).


Oh yeeees, and a 14k white gold wedding band for me. I stared at it on my hand for a while before we purchased it. I've worn wedding rings for shows before, but this was vastly different. Just seeing it there is a reminder that things in my life are changing, and this time next year, I will be committed to one woman for the remainder of my life. A pretty humbling moment to be sure, but in its own way, incredibly cool and satisfying.


Hopefully, Kathy and I will be joining the other three couples in our generation of kids (my sister, brothers and their respective significant others) to go see The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers tonight. If it works out, it'll be the first time we kids have all done something together since we actually were kids. Hope it works out.

No comments: