Tuesday, May 21, 2002

Well, here I am in an internet cafe attached to a grocery store in Tampa (actually on the shore of Indian Point Beach) FL, and Kathy and I are having the time of our lives on vacation! :)

We got here Sunday afternoon after spending a total of 14 1/2 hours on the road (not counting a six-hour rest stop at my parents' in Davisboro GA) and settled into our temporal digs at Kathy's parents' condo in Largo. We saw my old buddy Mike Adams, who is working at Busch Gardens and gave us a pair of free passes to the park to use this week.

Monday we went down to the beach and took a look around. I have never seen water as greenish-blue and beautiful as the Gulf of Mexico. I definitely prefer it to the Atlantic Ocean, I can say without fear of contradiction. We've already hit two seafood restaurants and gone through a few frozen drinks. More news and piccies when I can get to a computer. Bye now!

No comments: