Monday, May 13, 2002

It's been a week. Can't say as it was a particularly busy or noteworthy one, but it was a week that kept me hopping, nonetheless. Where to begin?

Well, Kathy and I got through App Chorale this past week. We had our concert presentation of Handel's Messiah parts II and III on Tuesday, and it went... okay. Kathy couldn't get enough of the sight of me in a tux, which was just dandy by me. :) We went out to Macado's afterwards and had a couple of sandwiches while we participated in our favorite "going-out-to-eat" pastime, doing the crossword. Unfortunately the evening was almost ruined when our waitress spilled a cup full of au jus into my lap. Fortunately, the cup was sealed, so the family jewels were saved a scaldin'.

In other news, Kathy has three potential jobs lined up. As I type this she's in Knoxville getting set to interview with the University of Tennessee. In the past week, she's also gotten letters of interest from Washington and Lee University in Virginia, and the Medical College of Georgia, located in my old stompin' grounds of Augusta. We'll just have to see how it goes. If I had my druthers, I'd rather be in Knoxville, but it's the coupleship that counts, innit?

Work continues apace. Nothing much to report, other than I got the days off to go on vacation, finally. Ah, to be on the beach in Florida. I'll be there soon enough, though. With salt in my hair and sand in my toes and zinc on my nose, ho-ho!

That's about it for the moment. 5 days to vacation, folks! :D

No comments: