Monday, January 28, 2002

Well, people, Kathy had her recital Friday night, and I have to say she did very well. She did blank once during a song, but she stopped, and came back into the song like a professional. She looked absolutely stunning!

I think that both of us are glad that it's over, though. She and I were both going crazy over the recital and the reception that followed. We decided to cater the thing ourselves and to prepare most of the items on our own. She lost her temper a few times at me, and I'm ashamed to say that I took it kinda personally. However, we talked afterwards, and it's all cool between us.

I got to meet Kathy's father and stepmom this weekend, as did my parents. We all had breakfast at Mountain House Saturday morning, and a good time was had by all. Her parents told me that when we get married, we could honeymoon either at their condo in Florida, or at their place in Lake Tahoe. Of course, we have a while to think about that.

I thought I was on my way to a new job last week, but I was mistaken. A publishing company I had applied to a couple of weeks ago asked me to come in and take a proofreading test. I went in and found out that 80 people were applying for this one position. I did well enough on the test, but Saturday I got a letter saying that they decided to pass on my application.

Kathy is looking for post-grad employment of her own right now. She's found some statistician positions in Winston-Salem and the Research Triangle, with pay ranging from $50-70K. I may end up being a househusband at this rate. :)

No comments: