Wednesday, January 16, 2002

The person I was alluding to in my last post (she of the rebuilding bridges in the last paragraph) is Andrea. I've known her for almost 8 years now, and in that time the two of us have had a very intense friendship, to say the least. I'm in the process of writing a letter to her to tell her what's been going on in the 18 months since we last parted company. I don't know if we'll become friends again after that, but I'm a "live and let live" kind of person. You have to work HARD to make me angry at you, and even harder to make me completely break off a friendship with you.

I went to Charter Cable to do my first voiceover today. I'd say it went well; it took only 15 minutes to tape my voice for the spot (for a tire shop, BTW). The guy there told me I could have a future in voiceover work, with a little practice. Who knows? This could be the start of something big. :)

Later on today, I made seafood gumbo for tonight's church pot-luck dinner. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, except the vegetarians. I got to meet a few more of the local Unitarians, and I'm feeling more at home with them. I still consider myself a Baptist, but I'm standing by my honey's choice in churches.

In the past 15 days I have lost 8 pounds on my weight loss goal. I'm currently 218, and I plan to keep going until I'm at least 180. Kathy says she'll miss having the belly to cuddle up to (to keep her warm), but that's a sacrifice we'll have to make. LOL

No comments: