Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Hump Day (I wish!)

OK, so here's the low-down on mine and Kathy's recent movie-watching:

*We went to Roanoke last week and picked up Bowling for Columbine for my (belated) birthday present. I'm here to tell you that if you haven't seen it yet, go and get it. It's not the anti-gun screed that some conservative talk-show hosts would have you believe. It actually brings up some salient points on the American culture of fear. I almost cried during the segment that featured footage from Columbine High School the day of the incident. Definitely deserving of the accolades, and a must-rent-or-buy!

*Saturday night, we went out to see Seabiscuit at the local theater. Another good film, and Toby Maguire does a great job as the 'Biscuit's jockey. Of course the most memorable part of the film was Kathy and I sneaking candy into the movie. Kathy sneaked three Kit Kat bars in, in her purse for me. In return I snuck a large box of Dots for Kathy... well, let's just say they were quite warm when I pulled them out. :)

*I took a couple of gift cards to Wal-Mart the other night and redeemed them on, yes, you guessed it, MORE DVDs! So now we have added to our colection:

-Edward Scissorhands (a Kathy approved film)
-Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (the best ST film, IMHO)
-A Few Good Men (I want to play Jessup onstage!)
-Braveheart (for my Celtic roots)
-The Patriot ('cause I'm a sucker for the Revolutionary War)

We've sat through three of them so far. Still some moviie watching to go. See, kids, this is what happens when... wait, what was I saying? Never mind. :P

Anyway, that's all from this neck of the woods. Keep yer ears on, good buddy, and don't let the smokies get all up in your mud flaps. 10-4, over and out.

No comments: