Friday, April 12, 2002

Things are better, at least for the time being. I'm back home in Boone. Maybe I'll post the story of this when we can all laugh about it.

Anyway, here's the Friday Five!

1. What is your favorite restaurant and why? At this point in time, I gotta say it's Manhattan's, an Italian restaurant in Banner Elk. I've ordered a calzone from them three different times, and every time I've had to take half of it (at least) home with me! Good stuff, Good Stuff!!

2. What fast food restaurant are you partial to? When I want it fast and hot... no, wait, that didn't come out right. When I want fast food, I usually do a Wendy's run. When it comes to breakfast, though, I've chosen biscuits from Hardee's in the past, although I had a bad incident there a couple of weeks ago.

3. What are your standards and rules for tipping? As a waiter/server/food bringer person, I usually endeavour to tip my server at least 20% when I go out. No hard and fast rules, except if they totally suck, but even then I'll probably rationalize that they had a bad day. The only exception to this is buffet "servers" who only bring you drinks and refills. I usually cut it down to 15% then.

4. Do you usually order an appetizer and/or dessert? I usually am more prone to ordering apps than desserts, for some reason. However, I find as I grow older that I don't order either nearly as often.

5. What do you usually order to drink at a restaurant? Sweet tea, the house wine of the South! Whooo-eee!!

No comments: