Tuesday, November 4, 2003

Daahhhhrrrrr... deeerrrrurrr... dwaaaahhhh...

Sorry, my brain's a bit on overload right now. I'm at the newspaper office waiting for the final Election Day returns to come in. I think I may call in with dysentery next year. LOL

So, what's been going on in my world the past few days? Glad you asked!

I took about 850 photos of kids dressed in Halloween costumes last week. Trick or Treating downtown. Trick or Treating at their schools. Trick or Treating down by the Retired Sadistic Clown Home and Rusty Razor Blade factory. You get the picture.

Although I saw some clever costumes out there, I did notice a lot of kids wearing "scream" masks. Big deal, you might say. So did I, until I saw one that had blood dripping down the front. A kid holds a plastic bladder full of stage blood in his hand and pumps it to create the effect. It was cool the first couple of times I saw it, but as I kept seeing it over and over again, I just kinda lost interest.

Kathy is holding her own as the baby continues to grow. She got a couple of pregnancy workout videos by UPS yesterday, and she and I spent about 20 minutes doing yoga to one of them. The instructor was a bit chatty; not the sort of thing you want when you're in the middle of a deep squat and Kegeling. 'Course, I didn't have to Kegel.

Quick film reviews:

Raiders of the Lost Ark: Sure, you've seen it before, but not on DVD. The sound and the picture are first-rate, although I was disappointed there was no director's (or cast) commentary.

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves: Another brought to DVD re-release. This is the "director's cut", which reveals (spoiler ahead) the witch is the Sheriff of Nottingham's mother. Haven't listened to Costner's commentary yet. I'm almost afraid to, truth be told.

Old School: Unrated Version: I kinda wanted to see this in the theatre, but Kathy talked me out of it. I'm kinda glad she did. A few funny moments, but Animal House it ain't.

Whale Rider: A summer sleeper. Not the kid's film you might think, seeing as there's a 13-year old girl in the lead. Makes me want to go to New Zealand more than ever! A very Eno-esque soundtrack. PICK OF THE LITTER!

Now, get back to work.

Coming soon: THE BIG TEN!

No comments: