Saturday, June 21, 2003

Harrymania's running wild, brother...

Err...

Ohhh, I'm just wild about Harry, and Harry's wild about...

So, I joined in the madness, after documenting it for all time. Eh.

What a day! I woke up at 7 this (Friday) morning and after dressing, I got in the car and headed to Boone to a) get my tux measured, b) track down invitees (mainly at Horn) to see if/how many were coming, and c) take a break from my jobs. This was the first day off I had in a month, and I spent it going 500 miles round trip. Coulda been worse; I might have been rained on the whole time.

Anyway, I got back home about 8:30 tonight, and after Kathy and I ordered some pizza, we talked for a while and then I went downtown to photojournalize the Harrymania. When I got to the paper at 11pm, there were 3 people standing outside the bookstore across the street. I called Kathy and told her, and she snorted, "Figures. This is just a small town."

About a half-hour later, those illusions were shattered when I went over to the other bookstore selling HPatOotP (that just looks weird!), and they had a good 100 people cramming the aisles. I looked over at Books & Co., and they had well over 200 standing outside the store. I took plenty of shots, and I hope a couple of them make the paper.

Well, I got a double shift at Rubys in the morning, and I'm losing precious sleep. Night, all.

No comments: