Friday, March 8, 2002

My first experience with the Friday Five:

1. What makes you homesick? Mom's cooking. She makes fried chicken with potatoes feel better than a five-star meal at Maxim's.

2. Where is "home" for you? Is it where you are living now, or somewhere else (ie: Mom & Dad's house, particular state/city)? Well, since I was born in Georgia and raised in North Carolina, I consider both home. Of course, since I lived in Aiken SC for so long, I guess I consider that home, too, in a way.

3. What makes it home for you? People? Things? All of the above places has people, places, and things that make me feel at home. In Davisboro, it's the trains running past the old house at all hours of the day and night, and my family, of course. Here in NC, it's the sight of the old Baptist church at the bottom of the hill and the smell of rhodedendrons in summertime. In Aiken, it's lunch at one of the restaurants in the Alley, or taking in a play at the Eth, or any one of a dozen different things.

4. Where is the furthest you've been from home, miles-wise? About 1500 miles, when my family went to visit my uncle in west Oklahoma in 1980.

5. What are your plans for this weekend? Working Sunday night. Otherwise, I have no plans whatsoever. Call me. LOL

No comments: