Monday, December 17, 2001

Grrrr... pics not showing up, links not working... I may have to take my blog (and my site) to another ISP. Anyone care to hook me up with a site I DON'T have to worry about?

Sorry I haven't been active here (or anywhere net-wise) in the past week, but I've been busy either moving stuff from my house to Kathy's in preparation for our big move-in, or working at the newly-reopened Mike's Seafood in Boone. The new restaurant is only a block and a half away from me, so it's convenient for me, at least until I get a better job *crosses fingers*.

As I said, Mike's reopened this past Tuesday, and we've packed them in every night since. A lot of people have been anticipating the reopening, and it's made for busy and profitable times. It's been a bit confusing at first, with everyone looking for supplies and equipment as if we had all been employed in the restaurant business only yesterday, but so far we've managed to survive. Hopefully soon we will have neough people hired to make sure that we all receive a break once in a while.

Kathy and I went to a "goodbye" party up on Howard's Knob tonight, for Loretta, who is moving to the Marshall Islands. Pretty cool shindig, and we met several interesting people, like Joann the retired theatre reviewer, and Isani, who sat in on guitar with us as we played for the huddled masses. I just wish the huddled masses had been a bit more responsive. I wasn't asking for a Bruce Springsteenish outpouring of affection, but a little applause wouldn't have hurt. :(

I really need to get back into contact with people soon. I feel as if I am losing touch with so many people online, and it worries me that I can't seem to maintain those ties. Hopefully, soon I will be able to move my own computer here to Boone, and I can check my e-mail, etc. with impugnity.

Wow, that's a nice bit of typing. Perhaps soon I will be able to contribute more to the cause. *blows kisses to those dear friends who need to hear from me* Back soon, I swear.

No comments: