Sunday, December 2, 2001

An interesting weekend, to say the least. Kathy's (now) ex-roommate finally left Friday, but not before putting another hole in the wall of her trailer. For a while, Kathy's mom was giving her grief about the timing of Judah's leaving and my impending moving in. At one point Kathy said that if it came down between being with me and completing her MA-voice, she'd take me. Fortunately for all involved, her mom relented and agreed to let me move in, for an increase in the rent for both of us.

My parents came up today and brought a "present" with them: a 1985 Chevy Impala. A BIG damn car! lol Fortunately, it gets better gas mileage than the Corsica, and it goes in reverse; that puts it TWO up on the ol' Rusty Rocket.

However, tonight proved that the ol' McGuire luck is as strong as ever with me. I took the Impala to work to see how she runs (diagnosis: delightful!), but when I began to leave the restaurant tonight, I found out that the left rear tire was flat. A couple of people from Mike's helped me to change the tire, b-b-b-but wait, it gets worse! :P

After the tire change, they left and I got ready to head back to the house. Fortunately, I had put on the emergency brake to keep the car from slipping and killing anyone. UNfortunately, however, I discovered that the release for the emergency brake was missing. *sigh* I called my dad to come and help me, but about 5 minutes before he arrived with my uncle in tow, I found the string that the previous owner had apparently used to release the EB. When Dad pulled up, he proceeded to tell me about the string, to which I replied "One step ahead of ya, Dad!" LOL

Needless to say, we're getting new tires put on this thing (I need a nickname for this car now) tomorrow morning. Then it's off to Boone tomorrow night to see Kathy in a Guitar Ensemble recital, and hot cocoa and brownies a la mode afterwards.

Much love to Crink, my dear friend who I haven't been able to talk much to lately. Hope to see you online soon. :X

No comments: