Tuesday, February 3, 2004

Corn-You-Copia

Sorry, things have been pretty damn busy lately, and I haven't had a chance to catch up on my blogging. So, what's kept me so preoccupied?

1) Baby stuff! Kathy got an "all clear" on her various tests for birth defects, which is definite good news. She also had another ultrasound, and we now know the gender of the turtle. No fair telling what it is, at least not yet. For more details on this, go to The Married Life.

2) Mock Con! This past weekend, I had the pleasure of covering W&L's quadrennial Mock Convention, where the students of the university try to predict which candidate the unpresidented party that year will pick as its nominee. This year, they picked John Kerry and John Edwards as their ticket. We'll see if it bears out. By the by, I've always wanted to go to a political convention and take photos. Hopefully I can go to one of the big boys some day.

3) Super Bowl!!! I went out to a local bar to watch SB XXXVIII, after unsuccessfully trying to get a party together. Turns out, it was pretty damn cool sharing the experience with strangers. Coincidentally, I went to a bar to watch the Bowl two years ago, when the patriots were in it, and when they won it on a last-second field goal. The difference this time (among others) was I was rooting for their opponents. Sorry, but I had to cheer for the Panthers come Hell or high water.

4) That's about it. Maybe I'll write more later.

No comments: