Monday, June 3, 2002

A rather eventful past week. Last Thursday, two days after she got back from interviewing with them, Washington and Lee told Kathy that they were interested in hiring her for their ADIR* position. She said she'd think about it, but only if I approved of the area.

So we took a trip up to Lexington, VA on Saturday. I thought it was a nice area, which combines the horse country of Aiken, SC with the down-home atmosphere of Boone, NC (my current digs). It's a place I could get settled into. On the way back Sunday, after discussing it, Kathy announced to me that she was going to accept the position, provided that the contract meets her salary requirements.

Folks, looks like we're a-movin'! *does happy dance*

I also want to take this opportunity to congratulate my good friend Diona on her impending nuptuals. Man, with so many of my friends (and ME) getting married, it almost makes me feel sorry for those who aren't at that stage yet. Almost! :)

Next post: I steal an idea from Crink!

*Assistant Director of Institutional Research

No comments: