Monday, May 31, 2004

Falling Down

I know that it's been a while, but between the impending blessed event and dealing with family issues, I haven't really felt inspired to blog much.

So much to write about, but I'll just kinda touch the stones and let you figure out where they lay:

*Dad, I know you're not reading this, but I just wanted to let you know I loved you once and may find it in my heart to love you again. At this moment, however, I just hope you get what you deserve.

*"War is all Hell", or so William Sherman once said. If this administration becomes remembered for anything, it will most likely be for the can of worms it opened up in the Fertile Crescent.

*I miss my friends. I miss the late nights, the trips to Waffle House, the inebriated dancing, the sober philosophy; I miss it all.

*Dammitaltahell, Jennifer or LaToya should have won. I'm glad for Fantasia, though.

*I find myself occasionally thinking of the Big Talks I will be having with Ian in the next two decades, and what it is I'll say to him. Other times, I try to think back to imagine what my parents were going through as I was about to make my debut in the world.

*The highway is alive tonight
But nobody's kiddin' nobody about where it goes
I'm sittin' down here in the campfire light
Searchin' for the ghost of Tom Joad

No comments: