Thursday, January 15, 2004

There's a Sale at Penney's!

I promised an update on my so-called life, and by God, here it is!

Work's going okay right now, if a bit slow. We're currently running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to get entries ready for the Virginia Press Association awards. I have four photos (so far) entered for VPA consideration, and that may increase if my editor Darryl decides to submit more stuff.

Kath and I are getting excited about our upcoming bundle of joy. She's almost moved out of her "morning sickness" phase and it shows on her face big time. She came to the office the other day to drop off some chocolate, and later one of the receptionists told me how she saw a sparkle in Kathy's eye and a glow in her face. :) Kathy kinda brushed it off, but it's true: she is just looking gorgeous (in my eye, anyway) in her pregnancy right now.

We had our first experience with a cleaning lady yesterday. Kathy has been used to one from when she was living with her mom in NC, but this is the first one I didn't have to call "Mom". She did a good job, although she wasn't able to finish everything we had on our "to-do" list. Still in all, the inside looks a devil of a site better than it did a few days ago.

Finally, we have a bad cat, and it's not the one we expected. Our oldest cat, Katie has been rather prominent in our daily lives lately (See Kathy's blog for some recent anecdotes). However, in the past few days, she has taken to wedging herself into crawlspaces and mewling until we get her out. Is it some kind of punishment for leaving her for 5 days while we went to Charleston? Is it some kind of cat intuition about the impending baby? Who knows? All I know is, if she weren't so darn funny, she'd be out on the street with a "FREE to a good home" sign around her neck. Goofy cat!

Well, that's all I got at this moment.

No comments: