Sunday, February 24, 2002

I finally found another job. Starting Monday, I'll be working at Storie Street Grille in Blowing Rock. It's a day job, so I can still work at Mike's. However, the clientele is a bit more elite than Mike's, so I may make this my primary job if it works out.

However, both jobs may be moot if the ONE I'm hoping for comes through. The Avery County Arts Council has an opening for an executive director, and I am applying for it. No idea on the salary, or hours, but I am willing to go for it as a step to bigger and better things.

Kathy had a performance tonight (Saturday, that is; it's about midnight on Sunday morning as I write this), in a cabaret show called Pieces of She. It was a show composed of pieces written, directed and performed entirely by women (students and alumnae). It was a fundraiser for the local women's shelter, and the attendance was amazing. I had to get in line 1 1/2 hours before the show, and in 35-degree weather, no less. Kathy's mom was gonna come too, but she wimped out.

The acts themselves ranged from the wonderful to the... ermmm... ummm... let's just say it ranged. Kathy was great as Ms. Kitty, of course, but there were several other acts that kept my attention throughout.

After the show tonight, Kathy and I went to BeansTalk, a local coffeehouse, for a couple of lattes. When we got there,we noticed one of the glass doors was broken. When we talked to one of the clerks, we found out the reason why:

This past week there had been a fire at BeansTalk, and when the BFD (Boone Fire Department) came to put it out, they had to pull the door off its hinges (why, I don't know). Well, when they put the door back, they apparently didn't do a good enough job of reinstallation, and so the door came crashing down earlier tonight. *shakes head* Whaddaya gonna do?

On Friday, as I was looking around for a job, I stopped in the local comic book store to fill out an application. The app was the strangest one I've ever filled out, with questions ranging from "How many guns do you own?" to "If asked, would you wear a suit to work?" (my answers: "None" and "Astronaut or clown?") The final requirement on the application was a request to draw "something" on the back. I ended up drawing something that looked like a T. Rex with no body, all head and limbs. I don't expect to get it, but I made my brother Phil jealous when I told him about it.

My lesson for today: Never try to wash TWO cats in one day. It annoys the cats and gets you wet. Oh well, at least they don't have "litter head" smell anymore. LOL

No comments: